Hope everyone is having a blast conquering their fitness goals! While I usually try to be active in some way on a daily basis, that wasn’t always the case.
It wasn’t until I was introduced to life beyond cardio + weights. I wasn’t always good at finding the in-between until I started looking up free fitness classes to expose me to different types of movement.
Because I was switching things up, I decided to give my gym bag a little upgrade as well as what was inside of it.
I mean, I used to carry a ripped duffel bag with a broken zipper to the gym everyday after work. It wasn’t pretty, but it did the deed in carrying my items.
However, while looks are only looks, I wanted to feel good about walking into that gym. I used to park really far from the gym, so walking around with an open duffel bag was NOT pretty (think of all the leaves I gathered from point A to B *shrugs*)
Anyway, here’s a sneak peek of my updated gym bag –
- Gym & Juice gym bag from FabFitFun. Also, perfect for overnighters/weekenders.
- Insulated water bottle from honeygrow. Any brand will suffice, but I received mine at a blogger event so why not put it to good use?
- “Pre-workout.” It is really an Energy Peach Tea from Revere made of sweet potato, pomegranate, beetroot, and green tea. It has enough active ingredients to fuel your workout without the jitters!
- Victoria’s Secret Sport Knockout Pants. I’ve always been a fan of their workout leggings due to its durability and material.
- Ear warmers. I didn’t think I needed ear warmers until I moved to the east coast. They make ALL the difference especially when running outdoors.
- Adidas NMD. I wear these shoes when I do basic lifts and cardio. If I’m working on legs, I like squatting in chucks or simply in socks because sometimes, shoes give you that extra heel and it is best advised to squat on a flat surface.
- And lastly… my phone for music. Not pictured – my wireless earbuds!
So – there you have it, just a quick post to share a snippet of life in and out of the gym.
Since I could not fit any of my Blender bottles from home, I headed over to TJ Maxx to get a pink one for $6.99 with a compartment to put your protein powder! Time to knock out some of these readings for class on Monday bc who knows if I’m going to have time to squeeze these in tomorrow… Go Pats ;D