Just finished up an exhausting first week of full-time work and couldn’t have been happier to have had such a productive weekend. As intense and mentally draining as it gets, it’s important to not let these crazy hours spent at work AND commute take over your days until you leave little to no room to do things for your SOUL. Yup, at the age of 24, I FINALLY understand the reason for the (nostalgic) “Chicken Soup for the… Soul” series. It can be easy to overlook throughout the week, but our soul needs care and attention too. Whether it’s blogging, exercising, wine tasting, etc, there’s always TONS to do for everyone. Here is what I have so far –
- Exercise. ANYWHERE. From the park to the beach, take the time to connect with nature and go out for a nice run/hike. Enjoy the breeze and smiling strangers 🙂
- Do something artsy. For me, it’s usually writing or designing something. It really could be anything though; painting, singing, playing an instrument, going to a museum, etc.
- Relax/Spa Day. Let your skin rest and pamper yourself. It’s crucial to remind yourself that you deserve this day off to yourself.
- Be social. I know the week can take a total TOLL on you, but don’t let it steer you away from your circle. It honestly truly amps up your energy!
- READ. This honestly is one of my favorite go-tos. I tend to read self-development/growth books, so I usually feel more inspired after each read. This not only relaxes my mind, but it also helps me envision what I want for myself in the days ahead and leaves me motivated 🙂 I’ll write up my list of books soon!
Whatever your passion is, DON’T LET IT DIE! Always give your soul some fuel even with all that little energy that you have left after your shift. Our lives consist of more than just work, so let us not be consumed by it! 🙂 Make the time to feed our souls… and SMILE! Our souls love that.